Meditation and Mindfulness
Many Top businesses use Mindfulness and Wellbeing Today
Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, eBay, Intel, Nike, LinkedIn all provide mindfulness training and wellbeing initiatives for their staff to help improve efficiency, focus, communication and productivity.
Mindfulness is a simple form of meditation enabling your mind to be completely focused on the present moment. With some application, a person can learn how to undo certain unproductive or unwholesome behaviours, by re-conditioning or re-programming the mind, via a process of Mindfulness Meditation.
The mind is a powerful tool, and we must learn to control it. Meditation is like a pilot’s guide, only we are both the pilot and the craft!
The term ‘Insight Meditation’ is about arriving at self-knowledge and understanding via a meditation practice.
Meditation techniques can vary, but most use a focal point, or focus of attention, such as a mantra, or the breath; namely focusing or bringing into conscious awareness, the process of our breathing, which so often we perform unconsciously.
- Equips individuals with self-awareness that helps them to understand resilience and actively participate in its development
- More resilient in dealing with pressure and changing demands
- Enables people to recognise the signs of stress and respond more effectively
- Develops discernment between activities that nurture or deplete internal resources
- Increased levels of attention & focus
- Improves communication
- Recognises the power of thoughts and finds ways of skilfully working with them
- Less emotional reactivity
- Lowering of irritability, conflict and disputes
- Boost in creativity and innovative thinking
- Supports a culture where relationships are valued.
Let us help you develop a culture of well-being in your business, with our customisable on or off site wellbeing workshops for you and your staff.
Call or txt Dee on 083 1813948 or Carl on 087 1717238 to book a place or get more information.